To draw together the room with something visually interesting that tells a story, Mercy Corps wanted to have a timeline produced and installed on the carpet! The timeline would lead visitors through the Action Center down the path that Mercy Corps has traveled over the years.
Able Sage was ready for this challenge having just returned from an industry trade show where we researched products that would give Mercy Corps the desired effect.
Here’s how the timeline project played out:
- We met with Mercy Corps and brought samples of adhesive back carpet graphics, doing a temporary installation to see how it held up over a couple of weeks of foot traffic.
- We provided samples of adhesive back carpet graphic materials to show both colors and to test adhesion even further with a piece as similar as possible to what would be produced. (we love to test and retest so we can it just right!)
- Next, we quoted out the project and put the graphics into production.
- The installation was mapped out by the client, but as happens with projects like this and all the moving parts, sometimes plans have to flex. So while the client prepared on their end, we worked on the telephone booth.
- Finally, with careful measuring and final placement, the carpet graphics were installed and the whole project was complete.
If you get a chance, stop by the Mercy Corps Action Center and explore this new interactive display. It captures the heart of what they are doing and invites you into the story. We’re proud to have been a part of making this space come to life and we’re looking forward to what’s next on the project docket with Mercy Corps. Stay tuned for future updates.